December 14, 2011

Peter Frampton On Alive!


Peter Frampton has come forth with a bit of "new old" news regarding KISS' classic 1975 album "Alive!" Of course, Frampton is known for his own iconic live album, "Frampton Comes Alive!" which over the years has been similarly debated in terms of how "live" the actual recording is.
In an interview in response to the Riverfront Times' allegations that his "Frampton Comes Alive!" album contains extensive overdubs, Frampton remarked:
"Well with saying that everything was replaced, [you're] talking out of his ass, basically. I'll tell you exactly what happened when we mixed the live album, so there are no if, but, where or what. This was the rule that I had when we made 'Frampton Comes Alive!,' being known as a live performer, I'm not going to go into the studio and overdub. If you want to say that, say that about Kiss' "Alive!" because they borrowed my guitars and my amps to do those overdubs."

No comments:

Post a Comment